Baron Public Affairs, LLC equips corporate and government leaders to anticipate and manage the threats and opportunities that shape the competitive landscape. Applying a methodology focused on mastering the strategic competition of interests, Baron advises some of the nation’s most prominent organizations, including members of the Fortune 10, several of America’s largest privately held businesses, and the U.S. Department of Defense.
Interested candidates should complete the below application including submitting a writing sample, a cover letter, transcripts (official or unofficial), and a resume. The writing sample should demonstrate excellent writing skills on a China-related topic. In your cover letter, please describe Baron’s China practice aligns with your interests and objectives.
$55,000 to $72,000 annually, depending on experience.
Role begins as a three-month contract with transition to full-time employee status dependent on review.
Baron does not sponsor work visas and requires the ability to work in-person in Washington D.C.
Application deadline: July 6, 2022
- Serving as a lead researcher on U.S.-China policy and business topics
- Writing research reports that are insightful and polished
- Gaining fluency in a wide range of China-related topics
- Operating in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
REQUIRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS
- Professional fluency (including reading) in Mandarin, Cantonese, Uyghur, Tibetan, or Mongolian
- Experience conducting in-depth research and writing with creativity and rigor
- Demonstrated interest in U.S.-China policy
- Entrepreneurial and creative mindset
PREFERRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS
- Experience in China
- Professional experience specialized in long-form writing or editing
- Comfort with quantitative analysis
- Familiarity with conservative U.S. politics and thought leadership